The first generation of Citroën Berlingo was transformed successfully into a wheelchair accessible vehicle (WAV) by Tripod Mobility in 1996. Years later we did the same with the second generation which is even more comfortable for the wheelchair user thanks to the increased interior dimensions.
||Tested according to European norms and approved by the Dutch Vehicle Authority (RDW)
||Conversion with PSA Group approval and with full factory warranty
- Lowered floor from rear up to front seats
- 4-point wheelchair tie-down system with an adjustable 3-point seatbelt for the wheelchair passenger
- Modified fuel tank and exhaust system to accommodate a deep and level lowered floor
- Ramp: Double folding lightweight ramp with clear-view design what allows to view through the back window
- Lowered floor fully covered with matching upholstery
- The center part or the rear bumper will be replaced on hatch, thus maintaining the original look
- The original parking sensors remain functional after conversion
- NIVO system to hydraulically lower the rear of the car (with lightweight short ramp)
- Seat configuration: restore of the original rear bench and seat or separate seats, both with space for three. Or mounting of one or two (removable) Tripod seats on the second row
- Ramp: Foldable taxi ramp that creates a substantially flat loading floor
- Rear door and driveway operated with wireless remote control
- Easypull (Winch and wheelchair locking system in 1, operated with wireless rehttps://tripodmobility.com/en/products/easy-pull/mote control)
- Bodyguard (back and head protection for the wheelchair user)
- The centre part of the rear bumper mounted on the back of the ramp instead of on the hatch
The Citroën Berlingo can also be converted into an UpFront to give wheelchair users direct access to the front row, both as driver or co-driver. The Berlingo UpFront even offer room for two wheelchairs next to each other.
|Entrance height: 144 cm
||Interior height: 148 cm
|Length of lowered floor: 148 cm
||Width of lowered floor: 85 cm
© Copyright 2022 | Tripod Mobility B.V.